- Description: Zen Vintage Relief Silver Tea Set
- Material: S999 (Pure Silver), Precious Metals
- Craft: Handmade Vintage Relief Pure Silver
- Capacity: 150 ml + 150 ml + 30 ml (x6)
- Weight: 660 g (+/- 10 g)
- Teapot Dimensions (WxH): 9.7 cm x 11.4 cm
- Fair Cup Dimensions (WxH): 8.4 cm x 9.8 cm
- Tea Cup Dimensions (WxH): 5 cm x 5 cm
- Packaging: Exquisite Gift Box
- Origin: Silver City, Hunan Yongxing, China
PURE SILVER TEAPOTS
Our silver teapots are handmade in Yongxing County, Chenzhou City, Hunan Province, as well as Yunnan (Qujing County) from pure silver S999.
Yongxing County, in Chenzhou City, Hunan Province, was named “China Silver Capital” by the China Nonferrous Metals Association Silver Branch.
Yongxing County’s silver production accounts for a quarter of the country’s total, and its gold and silver smelting has a history of more than 300 years. Other silver pots we feature are expertly crafted in Yunnan (Qujing County).
In 2016, the discovery of the earliest known physical evidence of tea from the mausoleum of Emperor Jing of Han (d. 141 BCE) in Xi’an was announced, indicating that tea from the genus Camellia was drunk by Han Dynasty emperors as early as the 2nd century BCE. Tea then became a popular drink in the Tang (618–907) and Song (960–1279) Dynasties.